Thursday, January 17, 2008

Asperger's Update

I had a great conversation with the school psychologist today about Isaac's behavioral issues. It turns out that she hadn't ruled out Asperger's but that it had been a concern to watch out for "down the road." I'm so glad I talked to her. She answered a lot of my questions. The best part is that she's going to meet with Isaac for half and hour every week to work on appropriate social responses and reading social cues. I'm so hopeful and grateful. She's also supportive of my taking Isaac to a child psychologist (in addition to her) if his pediatrician recommends it. Our appointment with Isaac's pediatrician is on Tuesday.

Also, many thanks to C. L. for sharing with me her experiences with her son's Asperger's and helpful insights she's gleaned! I have a lot to learn but already I feel so much better informed. Asperger's Syndrome doesn't sound so horrible after all. :)

No comments: