Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sickness and Snowstorms

Poor Allie is sick today. This afternoon her fever climbed to 103.6. It's very rare that my kids would ever have a fever that high. I had the day off from babysitting, which is good, because I don't think I'd be able to hold Allie all day and give Brock the proper amount of attention he deserves. She's been lethargic and not eating or drinking very much until this afternoon, when she had her next dose of medicine. When it wears off, you can really tell! I'm taking her to the doctor tomorrow morning (in between snowstorms!).

Tonight we're supposed to get 3 to 6 inches of snow. Thursday, we're supposed to get 6 to 12 inches of snow. Therefore, I felt a sense of urgency to have Allie looked at by the doctor before we're snowed in! To make things worse, our temps have been in the single digits with the wind chills below zero. This December feels more like February! Last December was bad, too, and that set us on course for a record snowfall. I hope we're not in for another record snowfall this season!

The kids are picking out a movie for tonight and we're going to stay home, stay warm, and help Allie get some rest. I've been fighting a cold myself, and my head has been pounding all day. :(

No comments: